eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
feonica

feonica

Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! Empty
PostSubject: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 am

http://nexuiz.com/
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/objects/063/063718.html

New game, PS3, 360.

When that happens I'm outta here. LOL I don't need to play with these stone age graphics when that happens!

Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! 26279510
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:33 pm

The PC version will stay the same and wont get updated with any content developed for the console version. But it's still open source, so if some dev(s) invest time and effort it will get developed further. If not, development is stalled (which is the case since 2.5.2 anyway). I'll definitely give the ps3 version a try though. Why do you think nexuiz will die? If you mean dying = not being developed any further its already dead. But considering that 99% off the nexuiz players I've met don't even feel the difference between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 antilag, ping 30 and 100 or 10 server fps and 60, not many players will really be affected by a slowed down development.

I don't think Nexuiz will die.. if you switch it on in about a year you'll have the same noobs spamming around on farewell lol

To be honest, when I first read that nexuiz is "sold", I really hoped for a closed source PC version. With like steam integration, anti-cheating features, new quality content (eg. good maps and gamemodes). Shame it didn't happen :/
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Oh this will probably mean that in the long term nexuiz will need a licence for at least the brand name. I can't see how a PC version wont have to be connected to it's counter part console version.

Sold? where did you see that? Surprised I was scanning IGN for some new releases and came across that, headed to nexuiz.com and bow!

The PC version will lose a lot of people who will switch if they do the same as UT3 and have mouse and keyboard support. Graphics are much better so people will move, it's apparently cost effective too so.. Download from PSN or XBL, usually pretty cheap too.

Actually though Nexuiz has been dead since the 2.5 SVN. No real updates of any significance, none are actually coming in the future from what I've seen either. This is the best thing that could have happened. Just wish they would take over the PC version too and sell it while closing all the current access off.
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 pm

From what I've read there will be no support for kb+mouse on consoles. I don't think lots of people will switch. Look who is playing nexuiz now: mostly opensource zealots and those who cannot/don't want to spend XX $ on a game. Furthermore you shouldn't expect the console versions too look much better (if at all) as they'll make use of the same engine (darkplaces). I'm pretty sure that screenshot is heavily photoshopped or even pre-rendered Wink
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Nah, I think they made Ghetto Golf or something, that game looked the shit. I expect it to look better than the current screenshots.

The Americans will switch. Smile and they don't lag on most console games! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm

If you put current nexuiz on highest details with a high resolution, anti aliasing and all that stuff turned on it looks quite nice too. Still, the darkplaces engine even with all those tweaks has a lot of limitations compared to the unreal3 engine or id tech 4.

But I don't mind graphics too much, gameplay is way more important. Give me nice instactf on my ps3 and I'll buy it Razz

I doubt that many players will switch, rather the console version will attract new players. For the console version.
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

http://piratepad.net/XuNWiA3KMT

"the good label Nexuiz"
"We just want to suggest that both games don't share exact the same title"
The "community" is raging haha
face the nerdrage fuckers!!

Last edited by asy7um on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

LMAO.

It's a big and positive move which everyone benefits from. I don't understand why people care. Then again, if they change the name and don't bother helping since they will both borrow off each other then fine I'll play my awesome new game and they will all still be playing Nexuiz.

I seriously hope Illfonic buy Nexuiz period. That'll kick all those cheapskates and complainers right in the balls.

The only reason I can think of is why people are getting all annoyed is simple though: I remember not having a PS3 and everyone was like, ZOMGZ uncharted is awesome, and I'd reply with ... PS3's SUCK!, and that was because I didn't have one.

So it's more or less jealousy because they can't have the console version or don't have the skill required to use a control pad Very Happy

I gotz an idea lets sign a petition becoz i do not afford console! xD haha.

Even better though

I guess we should never see another Twilight movie because it will have the same name, There should never have been 3 Ice Ages! OMG! Oh. Gears of War 2 should be banned for being another Gears of War game.

Arguing for the sake of arguing. I love how all these people criticized me for that for years and now they do it so it's fine! Smile
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I also think that the commercial console version is a good thing that will actually help the label "Nexuiz". Currently almost no one outside of the small community knows or cares for Nexuiz. "Quake", "Unreal", "Steve Nash". Those are labels.. "Nexuiz" is not.

You know, those nexuiz community people remind me of the inhabitants of a small village who see themselves as the center of the world and fear anything outside certain borders. And they make love with their cousins.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Even the cousins would have to decline such things. I can gather even they probably have more taste Smile But honestly they are all just trolling. I've done some trolling in my time, I'll give this a miss though, this is beneficial to the commercial value of the games commodity.
Back to top Go down
-maniac|Su-

-maniac|Su-

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Susan aka -maniac|Su- here .... this will be my first and last post here in eXiLe forum ....

Quite interesting as the commercialization of a open source game is discussed here.

But more interesting is as to the pretext is taken a large part of the Nexuiz Community to offend ...
.... as "nerdrage fuckers" "cheapskates" "inbreed freaks" and so on ... Rolling Eyes

It still confirms my opinion about you both - x and y .... Shocked

No question for me here is: Who is the troll?

regards Su

---
Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! Banner11
proud member of Prophets

Last edited by -maniac|Su- on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
off

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 am

Nexuiz is a free game and it's online. I'm too poor to buy a PS3 or a decent graphics card, so I don't care how the game looks even if I secretly want too. As long as it's fun, affordable and playable, that's all that matters for me. Smile

Also welcome Su. Smile
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 am

Welcome, and fuck off again Smile

It's commercialized? So what? ZOMGZ console users have no rights to play games! That attitude will get you everywhere... Like sitting behind your pc making a post just to troll on a forum that you do not belong at. Laughing

Of course me and Radio are to blame while rather than support the nexuiz brand period all of your beloved community would rather attack and insult a poor dev from Illfonic who is just trying to make a living, someone who loves the game and would wish to make it a successful brand.

The most wonderful thing is, out of all the people that dislike me and spread loads of vicious bullshit. Su and Charlie are probably the biggest failtrolls I have ever encountered. It's not like I head to Prophet land just to troll and annoy people now is it? Smile

Anyway back on topic before my thread was hijacked by Susman ... Ah I keep getting these names mixed up, how rude of me, I guess I must be "Trolling" on my clans forum. Where I belong.

The console version wont be perfect to start off, I've spoke to the lead dev.

It will have a skill matching system
It will have a clan based section in game
It will start off with TDM and CTF (Don't know what the current developments are)

It wont have mouse and keyboard support
It wont support mods

It will not be released on Blu-Ray or HD DVD - It will be released via XBOX Live / Playstation Network (Don't know if it'll be on Wii and nor do I know the store)

So it looks pretty much wonderful.

and off topic. You clearly didn't notice, we are not the community, we don't claim to be, we are individuals and will continue to be ourselves.

Make sure it's your last post here Su, You are not wanted here by myself nor Radio, we don't have time to waste on people like you.

Edit: Update Game Details

Last edited by Scarofina on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm not trolling. I posted my opinion on that whole thing. Yes, I would love a polished version of nexuiz, and I would spend money on it.

But you post meaningless shit as usual. Seriously, why do you keep assuming that anyone here cares for your opinion? Because you are female? Or maybe because you are a member of the honourable prophets clan? You are just a fuckface seeking for attention. Fuck off.

P.S.: next time you spread personal information here you'll get a ban.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Too late. I already did ban it.

People use the gender thing a bit too much. Sure I use it a lot, but at least I'm not like it, I don't use my gender to gain friends or try to control people.

Then again it's all actions of someone who lacks real life attention. Since it's banned we can just ignore it for the next decade until it makes a new account and keep this place on topic and not a place where we can abuse Illfonic or it's development team.

<3 Illfonic
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:05 am

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1077424p1.html

I think I should work for IGN, I already reported most of this last week. He played it though Smile
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

Quote :

Feo, according to you Nexuiz is dead since I ever started playing it. You said so many many times - so okay, it's dead for you... so? What exactly is the point here?
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am

It's dead for a lot of people.

The point is if such a community exists, if such a group of people who want it to succeed actually does exist then it's about time they do something to make it happen.

I'm bored of the same people everyday. That's pretty much an isolated death.

I would bring new people and make it lively like it once was. But I'm not part of the community so nah, I wont do anything to help and honestly the community vibe makes me want to vomit, it's a first person shooter, such things should be taken as a competitive game and people must always want to win, sure play for fun, but a bunch of people's definition of fun? Hook each other off a map? Stand around and jump?

My definition of fun is winning serious games, if people are not being serious about it then I'm not having fun. These are the snakes that fill the game with the poison that slowly eats away at the core heart of gaming.

I sincerely hope the newer versions cause quite a few people to switch, I don't have to listen to another community blablabla! We hate you! We don't like you Feo! Go away!. Lol I mean what the fu ZzZzzzZzz! "SNOREFEST!" The game only really isn't getting much new blood because the ones that do appear don't like the people they meet. It's like school, theres a popular crowd that take over a whole complex of a schoolyard. Community of a video game? Looks like the same old school bully crowd to be honest. The real bad thing is some legitimate nice people do get sucked into this and they sometimes don't notice it.

Lets face reality, I'm only really disliked by members of this "community of bullies" (but you are playing nexuiz, you are part of the community) "No, I am a gamer, I play games, sometimes speak when I'm spoken to or wish to make some sort of atrocious competitive comment" I'm not liked simply because I refuse to conform to what people want for this game. I'll always be an individual with my own thoughts.

I get those complaints a lot. Same kind of people who usually praise the right kind of people and respect those who pave the way like myself. I remember this guy from 4 months back, he was quite nice towards me, he talked to me about the "community" and how I made him feel welcome while they ignored him whenever he typed. I'm so proud to not be a part of that honestly. I'm so pleased that I've kept myself in morality and nice to the people who truly deserve it.

If I have something to say I wont write it internally. I wont deny it. I'll post it somewhere where anyone can find it, I'm also not half-way as two-faced as these "community" types. Even sometimes the "community" will get a group together and hunt you down to argue! (I mean, Can't you deal with me alone? Am I really that much to take care of?) If one person cannot have the grace to enter an argument on an equal level they should not be considered worthy.

Bottom line, it's the current people that cause the new people to click delete. The un-welcoming community, the one sided respect band wagon. the broken communication barrier, the tragic people all sharing the same thoughts and opinions. I've seen the new people get the same treatment I get.

If there was no such thing as community this game would probably be one of the most popular games available. But the problem is things have been created and turn away new people making them feel un-welcomed and that makes me really sad seeing that as these people are human beings with a valid contribution to gaming and to life itself.

I wouldn't change a thing I've done or a word I've said. There are some nice people caught up in this and I can't do anything to save them. I apologize for my lack of effort but I'm only one Feo, One Feo cannot save a whole game and improve it, all I can do is be nice to the new people and treat them in a non communitive way, with respect and dignity.

Almost done: Why the title: Well with such a development and the way everyone was bitching about this development. Sarcasm was the best dish of the day for these people trolling and insulting the poor people from illfonic. I don't agree with attacking the innocent and I never can agree with it.

So put into one simple line:

The community kills the atmosphere of the game, while the game is still fun (Con_chat is a valued tool and under used).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA!   Nexuiz is Gonna DIE! Ha HA! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1