eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!

Go down 
+5
SuG
od@r
feonica
asyyy
Fish
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fish

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Empty
PostSubject: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 am

The developers are apparently very sorry BLAH BLAH but unfortunately its the only way to continue development BLAH... Long story short, once Xonotic is out, it will come with a monthly description fee of €15 (!), and a closed source client (!!), the "reasons" are laid out in detail in their faq: http://www.xonotic.org/faq/

There wont be a server program (client only), neither closed nor open source, so you'll only be able to play on the official subscription based servers.

The official Xonotic client wont even be available for download from xonotic.org, although their planning to distribute it through steam and such. Plus, you can order a dvd from them for €30, NOT including the first monthly subscription. LOL, i wonder if this is PLUS shipping and handling, cause it didnt say in the faq.

Oh, and btw the Linux and Mac variants will be dropped and the Windows DVD will come with SecuROM copy protection.

I could continue to play on 2.5.2 servers as long as there are any, but that would only be postponing the inevitable. So as of today, i am announcing my official resignation from the Nexuiz community. It was fun playing with all you guys. You are a great community, and it was fun while it lasted. Now look at the bottom right (at least thats where it is for me).
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I read that April fool on 2nd April. Am I doomed now? Very Happy
Btw am I the only one who thinks that the new name "xonotic" is really awful? Should have called it Nexuiz 2 :d
Nexuiz 1 - consoles
Nexuiz 2 - pc only
2 > 1
\Very Happy/
Back to top Go down
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Well, the best choice wouldve been just plain "Nexuiz". It wouldnt be the first game that is totally different on one platform than on another (Sonic for example). Also, imho there will be VERY few players who play both games. Its like Paris, Texas and Paris, France.

The second best choice would be something that isnt totally gay and sort of has the same ring to it as Nexuiz. And thats what Xonotic is.

I'll take "Xonotic > (console) Nexuiz" for granted anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Xonotic is actually a better name than Nexuiz, at least they can't mis-spell Xonotic. All these clever people and they came out with Nexuiz when it really should have been Nexiuz.

As I've been saying, Console version is for the real gamers out there. The PC version is so casual, so aimed newbies it's horrible at times. Maybe I'm hoping for too much but I'm seriously hoping the console version will separate the skilled like myself, from the n00bs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 pm

doesnt the server password already literally "separate" you from the noobs?
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Nah unfortunately the n00bs still run the show mostly, Makes it real hard to find real good players too.
Back to top Go down
od@r

od@r

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:59 am

Xonotic follows directly from the source Nexuiz, but slightly modified , both projects are available without having to buy /PC version/ but it seems that the future belongs to the project Xonotic
Back to top Go down
http://playerkiller.toxicfarm.com
SuG

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 am

Wow, if Xonotic does end up being a closed-source project as stated above, then I'm not even going to bother with it. There's no way I'm going to spend a monthly fee on it – no matter how awesome or how many people play it...
Back to top Go down
DrPhil

DrPhil

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm not sure if you are serious or not SuG, but take a look at the date it was posted (April 1st). Smile
Back to top Go down
SuG

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Haha, I was serious. But, hey, maybe it WAS an April Fools' joke. I still don't want these rumours to be true....
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 am

So is this true or not? ;s (yes vega is back on your forums) cause i kinda liked xonotic after all.. I'm pretty busy with school thats why i cant play a lot but i will be sad if this is true :/ Sad

Vegi
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:03 pm

It is not true.
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Thats good news Smile
Back to top Go down
Mepper

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:33 am

You should have read which date it was posted Razz

1st of April
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 am

Haha i see Smile if i allready have to watch all that ;p
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:00 am

Wish it was true... Xonotic would actually have some players then maybe.

It's a Morgue TBH.

Same faces, nothing new, little enjoyment with the same people all the time.

Trying to think of ways to pull people in but my mind is giving me nothing except spamming the crap out of other game forums.
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 am

Maybe i dont have enough time atm to know whats going on on xonotic or other games. So i gues you can be right about this since you do play on it more then me. Smile

What you mean with that last 2 sentences? Sorry my english isn't that good :/

Vegi
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 am

I give you three reasons for the lack of population so far:
- no advertisement (they wont do that before 1.0 ..)
- the hard core of players, means those that actually play regularly prefers irc + private servers
- people want crowded public servers but they don't want to wait longer than 30 seconds for players to join..

At least minstagib, overkill, vehicle ctf and 1v1 are active though.
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I dont like vehicle ;p but ctf is really nice on xon Smile i can't advertise since i'm in a nexuiz clan ;p but when 1.0 commes out the devloppers will advertise themself Smile

Vegi
Back to top Go down
Mepper

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:40 pm

AxG site says: Apocaliptix xtreme Gamerz with huge Xonotic logo. And the tab in my browser with your site obviously says: AxG Xonotic clan.

A few of your members hate Xonotic, but clearly at least some admins don't.
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:32 am

Yes thats true.. Its kind of stupid but it looks good xd

Some of our members hate xonotic yes, but some of them dont. There was een a thread opened on starting a xonotic server or not. That didn't work out... ;p So i gues axg will only change if nexuiz is death but now it is kind of crowded again.

And to make something else clear: i'm not an admin xd i'm just a normal member of axg who doesn't hate xonotic and there are some like me in axg.

Vegi
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 am

"hate xonotic" Smile In my personal humble opinion AxG are a bunch of pussies who are afraid of seeking competition in xonotic. Was the same in nexuiz so I'm not really surprised.

Kind regards,
radio
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 am

Not all axg are like that radio... You know that i search competition where and when i can.. There's no reason to say we are all like that cause you've seen me on xonotic, you've seen me before on other nexuiz servers. I battle everybody even if i know i'll loose and there are others like me. I know there are some who maybe are pussies like you call it but we aren't all like that and you know that.. Its just because you make your opinion based on some members not on all... And 2nd: we are not the only clan who didn't change so think about that before you call us pussies... I came back on these forums cause i liked you guys but if that is how you think about me/axg then fuck this man. I like playing xon on your server but it seems like you still have a stupid opinion about axg and me. Let me make one thing clear, axg aren't pussies, we dont run away you just need to ask if you want to have some competition with us cause we are lazy.

Vegi
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:23 am

Well maybe it is because I know your clan for a longer time than you do. In nexuiz at least it was impossible to get a clanwar vs them, always excuses excuses excuses.. always talk like bosses but never play.
Also did your clanleader support/tolerate a wallhacker in his clan, so much for AxG.
Back to top Go down
vega

vega

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:38 am

I agree with all that radio but things have changed. Not all axg members are like that and you know that to. Axg was like that as you say but now we have clanwars, some of us joined a 1vs1 tournament etc. I'm not going to say that you dont know them good cause you do, and i know about the history of axg but we changed. And its time to make a new opinion about axg cause if you now say we still are pussies you are wrong. And you have to believe me on my word that we aren't since you dont play nex anymore and you dont know whats going on there, at least not as much as i do. I do not want an argument again with you guys so lets stop about this. You dont care about axg and you think that we are pussies the only thing i say is that you are wrong and there ends the conversation Wink

No radio u know i like exile maybe you really should try to get a new opinion about axg ;s

Vega
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!   Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next