eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Nexuiz Server Problems

Go down 
+2
Painkiller
asyyy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
asyyy

asyyy

Nexuiz Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

As you may have noticed we got some connection problems on our servers during the last days. Every 1-2 hours it gets very laggy for like 10 minutes.
Good news is, I contacted the server hoster and they are working on it =)

I'll keep you up to date on this.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller

Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:52 am

Nice news Smile
Back to top Go down
http://audiostandart.narod.ru
Predator

Predator

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:55 am

nice news Smile
thx for your conmitted behaviour Smile
Back to top Go down
-Coka-

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:55 am

yeah very nice Smile
ty
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:57 am

Any news on that topic?

I personally hardly experience lags on *any* server (except on ToT of course, since their lags can take up to 5 seconds...), but whenever I play on eXile, people complain a lot about sluggish gameplay, even when having a 30 to 40 ping.

That is a pitty, since at least the DM-server is getting relatively popular these days.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 am

95% of complaints are not worth taking note of though. Most people will just complain because they are losing.

Gotta admit, blaming a server or calling out lag or a bad video card is much easier than admitting someone is better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm not talking about the usual "laaaaaag!" comments, I ignore those as well and agree that they often are used as an excuse. But sometimes players unisono complain about lags and I think that should be taken seriously. This thread has been started by Radiohe4d himself because it *is* a serious problem (not for me, I only reflect what I read).
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 pm

If only a set amount of people are getting the lag though. Doesn't that reflect that it's not the servers?
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh yes, it does, and actually I am not the one to complain about that or even being able to analyze it - on the other hand: often I watch people complaining about lags unisono, then moving to some other server and also unisono expressing the relief about the lags being gone.

I know a lot about mail- ftp- or the usual root-server, but zero about gameservers. Radiohe4d does, and he did write here that the provider of the eXile-server "is working on it" (whatever that means). That's why I was asking here, plus his description of the behaviour was not general, but pretty precise - so I *tend* to think that there is such a thing as a laggy behaviour. Maybe our client-settings are able to compensate that better than other settings do. *shrugsshoulders*

It did not participate in this thread to discuss wether the mentioned complains are valid or not. I wanted to ask if there were any news on the issue.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 am

I know your pretty intelligent. Maybe the server does lag. I'm just saying I've never experienced it. Surprised
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 pm

So... what's still missing is a comment by Radiohe4d. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

No official statement yet, but I haven't experience those lags during the last few days anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexuiz Server Problems   Nexuiz Server Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz Server Problems
Page 1 of 1