eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Completing the switch

Go down 
3 posters

When shall the Nexuiz server go offline?
Today!
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap11%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
1st October
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap33%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
1st November
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap22%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
1st Dezember
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap11%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
1st January
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap22%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Never
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap0%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Another date (please post in comments)
Completing the switch I_vote_lcap0%Completing the switch I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
asyyy

asyyy

Completing the switch Empty
PostSubject: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 am

The nexuiz server will go offline on Saturday, 1st October, followed by a party on our new xonotic servers!

I'll write a short introduction soon on how to set up your xonotic client. Also common questions will be answered and you can request any help you need to make the switch enjoyable. The link will follow on the frontpage so you wont miss it Wink

So the xonotic server runs fine but a large portion of our userbase is still playing on our nexuiz server. The nexuiz server will go down at some point, till then there will be enough ingame announcements to make sure everyone knows whats going on. I want to gather some opinions on that before making a decision.
There is a poll attached to this message, please log in and vote!

Last edited by asyyy on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:53 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mepper

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 am

I think you should now first anounce the switch on your server in big red letters. In the server info, and the help messages. Just anounce the switch, tell why, and say whery they can get Xonotic.

Have this in your server for one or 2 weeks, then switch. Maybe the 1st of October is then the best date.
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:22 am

Why didn't you vote for 1st October then? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mepper

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Eh... no Very Happy

First I thought: just do it now. But if you would switch directly the players wouldn't know about Xonotic.

But I'll revote.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:44 pm

November sounds good, gives enough time to inform current players and possible ones who have been away for a while and may come back.

Also someone needs to shove Xonotic down other clans throats.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 am

I forgot to mention that if the nexuiz server goes down, we got 20 slots available to spend on xonotic servers. Think of a multimode server, deathmatch, 1on1 etc. .. Smile
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:48 am

update
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 pm

updated where? Razz I looked on Xon and didn't see the new server Razz

BTW can we have melee on our servers? It would be completely quakeified then with our version of the gaunt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:05 am

Update is in the first post, stating when the nexuiz server will go offline. The multimode server will go online next weekend, or next friday if I can make it.

I heard that the shotgun got a melee attack as secondary fire mode now, so maybe its possible to use that animation + action for the minstanex too but I don't think that it will be easy. I might annoy the devs with that next time when I'm on irc.
Back to top Go down
Mepper

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:05 pm

I played a few games on your server, and it was really good. Feels even better than Nexuiz minsta, since Xonotic's physics are way better.

And a melee atack in minsta, could be fun, but then it will have to be really powerfull, because people also have a minstanex. It should hit from quite some distance, otherwise it's useless.
But it defenitely could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completing the switch   Completing the switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Completing the switch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
eXile Xonotic Clan :: Announcements / Main Page News-
Jump to: