eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

me leaving, server etc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
asyyy

asyyy

me leaving, server etc Empty
PostSubject: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I leave you, anyone wants to take over server?
Forum admin stuff gets handed over to qbit when he's back.

If you wonder about my reasons:
* 1v1 is boring.. same maps as 2 years ago with same people camping on same spots zzzzzz
* DM is skillless as ever
* CTF is fun sometimes when we got two teams with skilled people only which is rather rare
* Tournaments are played an crap server with lag and ridiculous settings
* Nexuiz development has stopped, maybe xonotic will be great some day but I'm not too confident about that

See you and thanks for good times,
radio

Last edited by radio on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fish

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 am

im not a member of exile, but i would offer my help if the alternative was the server vanishing out of existence.

but could you be more precise about what taking over the server means to you?

if it means running the server from the technical side, i.e. os updates (what os is the server running, anyway?), uploading/deleting maps or changing settings as requested by the clan, etc, i would offer to do that if no-one in your clan would (its basically what ive been doing in tot).

i would not, however, make decisions about maps or settings (i.e. get in the line of fire), only implement instructions set forth by the clan.
(obviously, anything financial/taking over the contract is out of the question, too)
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks but managing the server is not a big deal at the moment. Only takes like 1-2 hours a week to put on security updates check log files etc.

Its more about financial support as I have received 0.00€ in donations or whatever for how long I have this server running (no one wants to pay for a free game ha :< ). Its not that expensive but I switched school recently and can't really afford paying 30€ each month. Three options for me are (with "you" ~= anyone from clan or friend):

-> 1 You take over server completely, means I send you game files/configs/scripts etc so you can set up your own server. Dunno if its possible to take over contract.
-> 2 If you help me out with at least 15€/month you'll get ssh access for the nexuiz user account. You can manage the nexuiz servers then (start/stop, maps, config etc). I would keep root access in that case because as owner I'm responsible for security updates etc.
-> 3 The server vanishes.
Back to top Go down
Fish

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 am

i had kinda wondered why/how you rented a 30€/month server to begin with, then i just assumed you must have some disposable income Smile

maybe you should call on your members a little more aggressively, i mean 0 donations, srsly? doesnt exile have like 10 highly active members who use the server regularly? if they split the bill, the server would become pretty affordable.

or you could trade your way up from cellphones to a porsche, then sell the porsche and use the money to fund the server Very Happy (reference: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7566611 )

anyway, i hope the server stays alive ...

Last edited by Fish on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : right parenthesis in link)
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Fish wrote:
maybe you should call on your members a little more aggressively, i mean 0 donations, srsly? doesnt exile have like 10 highly active members who use the server regularly? if they split the bill, the server would become pretty affordable.

So often I heard "I would love to pay BUT bla bla" in the end no one paid :<
No one beside of you seems to care anyway so what lol
Back to top Go down
Yasha

Yasha

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am

radio can i lead the team? like i used to do with Coco Razz
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Well we will have to discuss that with qbit when he's back. Till then you should stay active first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yasha

Yasha

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Sure :p
Back to top Go down
Yasha

Yasha

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Radio add me on msn wich i will send on a PM, so when qbit gets on we can speak.
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 pm

can't you get on irc #exile.nexuiz? You can use http://webchat.quakenet.org/ its pretty easy. I'll install msn just for you nevertheless Razz
edit: #exile.nexuiz it is my fault @_@
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:59 pm

we can talk about the finances when I am back. I think the server doesn't need to be shut down bounce

And, no, Yasha, I don't think you should play the great leader .. who are you anyway?

We don't need anybody playing the important one .. at least my opinion .. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Yasha

Yasha

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 am

I do not play "the important one" :p Im an -OLD- member of eXiLe, i used to play with Coco and feo... nice to meet u
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

qbit wrote:
We don't need anybody playing the important one .. at least my opinion .. Rolling Eyes
Yasha was a good co-leader back then.. beside of recruiting noobs he was a good element like sebsal would say lol
But I agree that every clan member should take responsibility like keeping the server clean, recruiting members, suggesting maps etc, and not rely on one single leader to manage it all.
Back to top Go down
Yasha

Yasha

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 am

Thats fair in my opinion. Oh and recluting noobs? Razz ahah thats fair aswell ^^

p.s. radio dont let the server die z.z
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:54 am

What is the sense of your 'leadership' Yasha? No offnese, but you hardly know the 'new' players and apparently you haven't understood what Radio said. You mentioned "Radio, don't let the server die" which implies that you think there is only one person who should be responsible. So far we all have been leechers who used the servers for free. But it's really not fair to let one person pay. So, if you want to show your great 'leadership', then you can help financing the servers. That would truly make you a great person.

My last word is: WE together don't let the servers die if Nexuiz really means a lot to us. Other people spend a lot of money for boring games as World of Warcraft .. so why not spend a bit for Nexuiz? It would be a good way to stop smoking .. instead of buying cigarettes you guys could give some bucks for the server. Imagine .. one package less can cover 1/6 of the montly costs, isn't that wonderful? Good for all ^^

Anyway, I think all of us should make this clan stick together as I really enjoy being part of it. Especially now when tournaments are being played.

As I said, when I am back I will check for some bucks, which the tooth fairy left under my pillow. That should be fine for some months server costs.

See you in game,

Chris
Back to top Go down
ST

ST

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Jo,

i will pay what ever we need. Tell me how we handle it and it s done Wink

And when we talk about 30 Euro per month, i pay my part and in the middle of November for one or a half year the hole money, ok? Wink

Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Hehe, suddenly we get a lot of volunteers to pay bounce What a nice surprise. So far we would be four guys including Radio, Kolum, Graz and me. I am not sure if we need so many people. Important is the stable payment. This thread is called "me leavning, server etc." so we should ask Radio whether he stays or leaves. If he leaves then of course he shouldn't be bothered with the formalities. But I am confident that we won't have issues keeping the server alive.

Radio, let us know how you decide and we can fix the rest. cheers (of course you must stay .. )

p.s.: has the server password changed? Hard to kick MrGay .. at least I couldn't log in, what about anybody else?
Back to top Go down
ST

ST

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I don t know before this treat about the money. But now i know and it`s fair to pay Wink

I used the pw a few days ago and it works. But MrGay always escape before i ban him. I`m too slow, like in the game ;(

But i get better Wink
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 am

better is to make a bind for the password and prepare the 'ban-command' already in the console. Then you can log in and ban very quickly Wink
Back to top Go down
ST

ST

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 am

Hey Q Wink ... you know i use a drum to communicate and two stones to make fire. I´m happy to know what the console is, but that don t mean that i can use it Wink
Back to top Go down
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:58 am

ST wrote:
Jo,

i will pay what ever we need. Tell me how we handle it and it s done Wink

And when we talk about 30 Euro per month, i pay my part and in the middle of November for one or a half year the hole money, ok? Wink

The more people pay, the better! Even if you can only pay 3 Euro each month that helps a lot.

OT: well I kinda came back for that upcoming 1on1 tournament and afterwards hopefully the cw vs DTG (if they dare this time...)

Btw, I've changed pw on exile ctf server because too many people had admin access (including feo who banned herself lol). You can ask me or tapiok for new password.
Back to top Go down
ST

ST

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 am

Jo Radio,

but when i transfer money it can be more than 3 Euro. So if i had the account data i start with 30 Euro, ok? And when more money is missing tell me. You pay since ... i don t know ... and so it s fair when we all pay a little more Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me leaving, server etc   me leaving, server etc Empty

Back to top Go down

me leaving, server etc
Page 1 of 1