eXile Xonotic Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Does Exile Need a Leader?

Go down 
+3
Tapiok
asyyy
feonica
7 posters
AuthorMessage
feonica

feonica

Does Exile Need a Leader? Empty
PostSubject: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I think the answer to this is a no. I sat back to watch for the last few days and watched everything handle itself without any problems at all.

All that is needed here is a web admin, server admin, pr person and war person.

So, after watching that I now know it's easy for me to quit as the manager of the clan and just become a web / pr kind of person!

Let the stress end!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I agree, exile doesn't need a leader as long as the members have the same vision. If I ever read something like "IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE!" (guess where this is from and win a cookie) here servers will be down and forum might get deleted immediately *half-joking*.

One more word on clan vision; when I founded the exile clan last summer with Feonica together we had a certain vision. That vision is what drives the clan and brought us where we are now. Everyone should have the demand to improve, being good is fun, winning is fun, skill is respected, being best is desirable. Loyalty and respect within the clan is a must. Outsiders are not important, most of them are brainless penguins anyway.

With its current members I think this clan will go well without a leader. Fixed responsibilities are necessary to keep things running though.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah my sentiment exactly, I seriously can't do the whole managerial thing anymore anyway. It's just stressy and it doesn't even need to exist. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tapiok

Tapiok

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:45 am

If i can have my word, even if a leader is maybe not needed, what a clan totally need is a spokesman (or a spokeswoman Smile), as Exile is now starting being in wars, i guess there must be someone to report informations

Moreover, even if the clan is well organized inside, it will look messy to someone out of the clan... (even more if they are brainless penguins x) ) We'll be like Europe to America D:

I think one of the three of you (including Qbit) must be sort of a leader Smile (please, don't kill me)
Back to top Go down
http://tapiokaman.deviantart.com/
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:08 am

Tapiok wrote:
I think one of the three of you (including Qbit) must be sort of a leader Smile (please, don't kill me)

Yes thats what I meant with fixed responsibilities, like Feonica said:

Quote :
All that is needed here is a web admin, server admin, pr person and war person.

web admin, doing forum stuff - Feonica
server admin - me
pr/recruitment - qbit
war - dunno who is good at organizing those things, if we got no volunteers I vote for qbit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tapiok

Tapiok

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

Oh. Sorry then, i didn't get it that way D:

But what is a leader in that case? Isn't it all that you said?
Back to top Go down
http://tapiokaman.deviantart.com/
asyyy

asyyy

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:52 am

A leader has the last word on all decisions and determines the path the clan is going. Things like aims and objectives. If you have a group consisting of people who have the same vision on aims, objectives and stuff you don't need a leader as everyone will contribute his/her part.
To keep things organized you of course need certain roles, like web admin, someone who is in charge of recruitment etc. I hope that was understandable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
qbit

qbit

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:16 pm

I have no problem with organizing clan wars. I kept insisting to have a fun-war against LOC and at the beginning everything was fixed relatively quickly without trouble. Those dummies just cancelled three hours before the war without saying a word (at least not officially at the forum).

Which leads me to something else. Maybe we should really consider to change the look of the forum and try not to make millions of threads and topics and whatever. Furthermore I think it would be good to have a "fight us"-button or something just like LOC have. When you enter their site you can clearly see where to click to ask for a fight. Nobody would get confused of how to ask whom and where and whatever ..

Unfortunately there are not so many clans around that we can ask .. would be lovely to have some kind of league but I guess that's utopic Mad

Concerning leadership etc.: as mentioned: no need for that. I think we know each other pretty well already. That's what I like about this clan. With all of you guys I have been playing for quite some time in daily games. This way we've got connected somehow.

Finished Shocked

p.s.: IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE! .. pale *half-joke-too*
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Well the forum isn't all that easy to clean up without knowing exactly what areas are not needed since almost everywhere gets a mirage of posts Razz

I'm working on locating new maps and better sounds for capturing and stuff. I would much prefer a quake-esque kind of thing - Blue team scores / Red team scores etc, I find serious issues knowing who has the flag. I also want a "YOU have the flag sound" I don't know how many times I'm crowding around the whole flag with my team and I've stood there like an idiot not even knowing I have the flag.
Back to top Go down
xswtsacrificex

xswtsacrificex

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:28 am

Sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.electrikkclothing.com
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Very Happy I have the sounds and a 12 new map selection thing all ready, and if it works new selectable player models. foxes and vixens. along with the current ones obviously Razz

Just uploading right now, 100mb, could take some time, my upload speed always has been horrible.
Back to top Go down
Depiction

Depiction

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm

I am working a lot on building website's etc. the last time, so i am available to try to make this forum better to find things etc.
I can do a lot with server lanuages like html, css, php and some javascript.
I can also work fine with Photoshop, and got some good friends who are good in designing, so a new layout would be not so hard.
So the website admin can contact me when he needs my help.

Also, i think we only need someone who keeps everything together and informs everyone good. Decisions can we make with all of us.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

A layout for this would be very hard, the install section to install themes doesn't work Very Happy

But you can go ahead with a new header/banner/logo thing Razz
Back to top Go down
Depiction

Depiction

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Feonica wrote:
A layout for this would be very hard, the install section to install themes doesn't work Very Happy

But you can go ahead with a new header/banner/logo thing Razz

Hmm, on what system does this forum run?
Maybe i can just figure it out.
Can you give me acces so i can see what i can do?
I suppose i can at least change colors and background etc.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:25 pm

I actually don't have full access, All I have is access to the boards header.

It's running on PHPBB3, The reason why I can't install themes is because no one has full access on this provider. All we have is ability to add images and links.

So all you really need is to create replacement images which I can replace if I feel like it. Smile Main thing I want to change is the header

https://i.servimg.com/u/f67/13/37/75/11/57739110.jpg

That needs to be different and new, that's all I really would want to change.

Something black but a lot cleaner and more professional looking would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Depiction

Depiction

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Allright, i am going to look what i can do ;-)
And i think it is better to change the background too.
Or a better picture, or a dark grey would be nice i think.
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:40 pm

okie Smile
Back to top Go down
Multi-Test

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:21 am

Well, I can't help it, I'm gonna have to reply.

As to needing leadership, I don't see a particular reason why it would. Other than some form of image that you want to present, leaders tend to make things a bit messy, so not having one, if anything, tends to improve things, not make them worse.

Quote :
I agree, exile doesn't need a leader as long as the members have the same vision. If I ever read something like "IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE!" (guess where this is from and win a cookie) here servers will be down and forum might get deleted immediately *half-joking*.

One more word on clan vision; when I founded the exile clan last summer with Feonica together we had a certain vision. That vision is what drives the clan and brought us where we are now. Everyone should have the demand to improve, being good is fun, winning is fun, skill is respected, being best is desirable. Loyalty and respect within the clan is a must. Outsiders are not important, most of them are brainless penguins anyway.

With its current members I think this clan will go well without a leader. Fixed responsibilities are necessary to keep things running though.

I had to reply to this one. ;P

I have to say that I disagree with almost everything you just said, and if that's a problem, I think I should be told early on. I personally like losing, it's one of the only things that keeps me playing the game. Being the best is the least desirable thing I can possibly imagine when it comes to gaming, and I don't understand why anyone would want it.

Further more, not only do I like "outsiders", I enjoy helping them (I'm really a people person at heart =P). After-all these are your future members/friends that you're talking about (this is of course not counting the many friends I already have who are not within the clan, which is a whole other can of worms). To make matters even worse, I respect people who earn my respect, the fact that they have my tag means nothing (for instance, I respect Feo, because she's not afraid to speak her mind to anyone, I tend to be similar in that regard =P). Just earlier today, I almost had to ban Zall's brother. He was spawn camping his own team and ignored the warnings placed on everyone else who had been doing similar stuff that day (I had to ban 6 people for that today). When I was told he was Zall's brother, I said that I didn't care, and that if he kept doing it, he'd be banned. This man has not earned my respect, and if he wore the same tag as me, I still feel he should be banned (and likely stripped of the clan title, but that's obviously not within my purview).

Now, having said all of that, while I do like losing, I do put up as much of a fight as I can, otherwise I didn't actually lose, and it defeats the whole purpose. But for what it's worth, I have no desire to "improve" or "be the best". I happen to possess a great deal of innate talent with shooters, and I improve over time, but it's nothing I would ever strive to reach. I just don't take gaming that seriously. I think somewhere along the way people forgot that it's called a "game".

So, while this is stuff I've said 100 times in game, I figured it should be put here before it's a problem. If you don't like that I don't fit your mesh, I'll likely switch back to ToT with little complaint. That's actually why I was in it to begin with, too many clans take things way too seriously and I'm just so tired of that garbage by now that I'd rather be in a dead clan so people can't even invite me anymore.

Now, perhaps my post is a bit overly hostile. I admit that I was just arguing with my extended family for the past 4 hours, and I love to argue. So, you're kind of receiving the end of an addict trying to get his next fix. =P But my point still stands, you can't make claims like that, and then excuse the fact that I completely break the mold. So, if there's a problem with how I represent the clan, then the easiest solution is to remove the problem. I'm not the kind of person who changes to fit molds, I just find a mold that fits me, it's my nature. Plus, I'm not big on being threatened, even more so when you specifically call me out as a reason to shut down the server. Admittedly you did so in "half" jest, but since I'm in an agitated state, I can't help but take offense.

P.S. Anyone who doesn't like penguins has to be evil! ^.^

Edit: You should really change the color of links on this forum, you almost can't tell I did that to the word "penguins".

-Multi-test-
Back to top Go down
feonica

feonica

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:50 am

Well the beautiful thing about here is that we are all very different people who can accept each other for what we are. Thats what clans are about in my opinion.

Yes I want to win,
You want to lose.

I don't see a problem. Razz
Back to top Go down
Depiction

Depiction

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Lol, i am doing my best to win, and to improve myself in shooting etc. But when we lose more then we win, i get more motivation to play better. But i guess it should be that way =p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Exile Need a Leader?   Does Exile Need a Leader? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Exile Need a Leader?
Page 1 of 1